BigWallop

"Mark Walters" wrote in message
. ..

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

snipped

Thanks for the offer. I don't intend to attempt the outside work myself

as
it's well beyond anything I could do safely. What I do want to do is to
make sure that I have the necessary bits in place internally to enable the
above without having to lift the floor to run cable to the CU.

Mark

How far from the outside wall is the current mains head end? Wire-Armoured
cable is quite rigid, and it can be pushed quite easily for long distances
under floor voids and things. You do need a tight fitting cap on the end,
two layers of insulating tape wrapped tight, to stop it catching debris, but
it is possible to get a 10 mm csa' SWA(steel wire armoured) Cable to travel
long distances in gaps under floor voids. Easily 3 to 4 metres or more.

So, if you only have a short distance to travel under the floor, then you'd
probably only need to lift a small bit of floor in the cupboard where the
head end is, and push the cable through the wall toward it. Enough hole in
the floor to get an arm through to feel for the cable should be enough. Or
get your head in with a big torch to make life really easy.