Martin Angove

Default Joining the 21st century...

In message ,
Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
It's the Javascript implementation of the router that's
causing me grief - I can't reliably log in to it and set it up.

!Fresco should work and I believe that !Netsurf will also access it.

Fresco crashes big time when I attempt it. I've not got Netsurf yet
although it sounds promising.

I took the router to a PC and got it set up there, so I'm now connected.
News and e-mail work without altering anything - took me rather by
surprise. I've been to the Pipex site to try and set up other things, but
am having the same Javascript problems.

Thanks to everyone - now it's working well just plugged in to the same
socket as the old modem, I'm more inclined to engineer the whole lot
properly.

The other option for setting up may be to Telnet it. Most routers have
Telnet command-line access to quite a lot more than the web-based setup.
It just takes a bit of detailed study of the guidebook in order to
understand the commands! If you're physically nearby, some routers also
have a serial port so you can use a terminal emulator.

Having said that (and having lost the instructions for my router) I
chickened out of doing the Telnet thing and set it up in NS6 on a Mac.
I only have ArcWeb and WebsterXL on the Acorn and neither of those
wanted to do much :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Our necessities are few but our wants are endless...