Martin Angove

Default Joining the 21st century...

In message ,
"the q" wrote:

Ah exchange that's that building about five miles away.... says he highly
unlikely ever to get broadband...

And it may be a lot more than that by cable... I say this because of an
experience in Cardiff where some of the "analogue lines" carrying
programme material from/to our studios went about 2 miles around the
block rather than 1/4 mile in a straightish line to the exchange.

For those of you who know Cardiff, we were based in West Canal Wharf
(doesn't really exist any more - near Jacob's Antiques by Central
station) and the BT exchange is bang next door to what was the National
Stadium, but is now the Millenium Stadium. A brisk 2 minute walk.

We had a fault on a line between studio and exchange once which was
traced to a duct near Cardiff Prison. Hmmm...

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... He's dead, Jim ... Kick him of you don't believe me