Dave Stanton

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:41:59 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:24:28 UTC, Dave Stanton wrote:

The neutral wire in the UK is connected to ground only at the sub
station under normal situations and nowhere else. Therefore it can be at
a different potential to true ground.

I agre with your comment about him not knowing much about UK mains. But in
a PME (TN-C-S) situation, neutral and earth are connected together much
closer than that - at the cutout (incoming cable connection).

Yes I know I was'nt 100% correct, but did'nt want to cloud what is
becoming quite a serious case of incorrect and dangerous info.

Dave

again
in the future!!