EL

Default Filter for outlet of water heater

Got a rather nasty sediment problem with my water heater. The stuff doesn't seem interested in coming out the drain, I've
tried several times. But it happily will travel out into the rest of the plumbing system, clogging aerators, shower heads,
etc.

It occurs to me that a simple solution would be to put a filter on the outlet side of the heater. But most filters I see
have plastic housings and components and don't look like they'd tolerate the temperature.

Anyone ever seen a filter that would work in this application?

Yeah I know the "right" solution would probably be a softener on the inlet, but lack of space, money, and time pretty much
rules that out.

Thanks!

Eric Law
Wilmington, MA