Duane Bozarth

Others of this same type are Whip, Acclaim, Verdict, Gallant, Hoelon
and Assure.

Are you sure this stuff will kill all types of grass? I know for a
fact Acclaim will not. In fact it's one of the best controls for
crabgrass. Used correctly, it will kill even mature crabgrass, while
leaving tall fescue, blue grass, etc unharmed.

I think the real problem here is the OP is vague as to what he's trying
to do. It's not clear what kind of grass is invading the plant areas,
ie is it a desirable lawn grass, or some undesirable grass, etc. There
is also no info as to what the other plants he wants to save are
either.

That's correct...some of these are also grass specie/type-specific.

I was only really addressing the question of selectivity between
"broadleaf" and "grasses" as being as someone here (I forget who now it
actually was) was uncertain it was even possible.