Noozer

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Noozer wrote:
"Harry Everhart" wrote in message

In article NnPae.1125342$Xk.378180@pd7tw3no,
"Noozer" wrote:

There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to
find a
way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in.
I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get
and
and I always miss some.
Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering
what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.
Thanks!

A similar analogy would be the Germans looking for a gas that killed
only Jews :-)

So, Ornamec 170 is just an illusion?

http://www.wildseedfarms.com/ornamec_specs.htm

Suggest that you look very carefully at the ad. Ornamec is apparently a
pre-emergent (kills or prevents germination of new seeds) and is used to
maintain grass free beds not selectively kill the established grass.

and I quote...

"OrnamecŪ 170 is a selective post emergence herbicide for the control of
annual and perennial grasses OrnamecŪ 170 does not control broadleaf weeds
or sedges (Nut grass).

Used as directed, OrnamecŪ 170 Grass Herbicide will eliminate unsightly,
protruding grasses from your existing wild flower project without injuring
transplants, emerging wild flower seedlings or established plants in full
bloom. (mixture ratio 8 to 10 ounces of Ornamec per gallon of water) Covers
up to 5,000 square feet.

Labeled for over-the-top application, Ornamec's active ingredient begins to
work within five days. Death of the grass is generally observed within two
to three weeks, depending on the grass species and environmental
conditions."