Guru Google

It's actually starting to decrease, the trade deficit with China

due
increased construction, requiring more imports from other

countries,
US
included.

The real problem lies in their currency, pegged to the U.S. dollar.
They need to let their currency free-float on the market before

things
can really even out.

You might want to read up on how we are scapegoating China's currency
for our deficit problem. Here's an article from LA Times just couple
weeks ago:

Oh common, charles liu has been tooting this URL for weeks in
soc.culture.china and he think now the home repair and building
construction NGs need a new shot of CCP propaganda.

http://www.latimes.com/news/op=ADini...873=AD82.story

***April 16, 2005***

"The escalating China-bashing in Congress on other fronts is
threatening
to create a far greater economic problem than any we face currently.
Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) is threatening to hold up the confirmation of
the Bush administration's nominee for trade representative, Rep. Rob
Portman (R-Ohio), unless the Senate considers his bill aimed at
stemming China trade. Another bill would slap hefty tariffs unless
Beijing stops pegging its currency, the yuan, to the dollar.

The currency issue is a convenient scapegoat.

Unless you live on the other side of the Pacific, it's far better to
blame an undervalued yuan for all our supposed ills than it is to

blame

federal budget deficits or the Federal Reserve's role in artificially
inflating consumer spending. Nor is it convenient for members of
Congress to dwell on the fact that Washington has often advised other
nations to peg their currencies to the dollar as a means of

encouraging

stability, and that as recently as the East Asian financial crisis of
the late 1990s the U.S. was grateful that China didn't devalue the
yuan."

Maybe charles liu wanna explain why Central bank of PRC governor said
in Boao meeting that RMB has to reevaluate under international
pressure?

And this trend of China bashing goes way back, as the exact same

issue
also came up couple years ago:

And charles liu has been told many many times that the article "the
fine art of China-bashing" is in October 2003 and he gotta find
something new for his propaganda purpose in soc.culture.china.

http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/dis=AD=AD...icle?id=3D2814

"The Fine Art of China-Bashing

As the Bush administration pushes even harder on China to revalue the
yuan, the real motivations behind the "China-bashing" by US officials
remain shady. Is the administration's rhetoric really meant to "help
U.S. manufacturers compete against Chinese companies", ask the

authors,

"or just help U.S. politicians score points with anxious voters"?

When
the US Treasury Department found China innocent of manipulating the
yuan in its recent report, members of the US Congress attacked the
agency as weak-willed and are choosing to ignore the study's
conclusions."