Bob

Ben wrote:
If I wanted to try the new wax free seals, knowing that the wax ones
are proven technology, does anyone have experience with the pros and
cons of the ones made by Fluidmaster or Fernco:

I've had the Fluidmaster wax free seal for several years, and haven't had
any leaking or seepage from it. I can't remember when I installed it;
possibly in 2001 or 2002.

In the past, I would fight with getting a replacement wax ring to seal; I'd
have to make several trips to the hardware store with buying different
height wax rings to get one to seal and not leak. (Yeah, probably something
I was doing wrong with the install...) Last time, when I had gone through
two different wax rings in desperation I gave the Fluidmaster a try, and it
worked great.

Hope this helps.
Bob.