AlexW wrote:
wrote:

snip-some-stuff

There is one thing I found a pain about the kinzo, as long as youre
aware of it you can work around it, but I guess it could produce

wonky
cuts if you didnt notice. The base is metal on plastic, so if you

lean
on it it bends. The base stays in alignment with the cutter, but

not in
alignment with the workbench - so if your long workpiece is

supported
at the other end on something, you need to watch it doesnt shift

out of
line when you lean on the wood to hold it wood firm so it doesnt

move
during cut... too little pressure and the wood can move, to much

and as
the workpiece moves with the base, it might touch something and be
limited in its movement, and thus be out of alignment with the

base.
IOW you need to watch the sticking out end of wood, make sure it

doesnt
stop against something when its pressed onto the metal baseplate,

as it
will move a little.

snip-some-stuff

I made a mitre saw table with side supports from thick MDF it looks a

bit like this on the front elevation:

HHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHH
###### BBBBTTTTTTTTTTTBBBB ######
# # BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB # #
#################################

# = MDF table
B = saw base
T = saw turntable
H = saw head and blade assy

It might help reduce the flexing, if I understand what you are

getting at.

I use the table mainly to get a extra support for longer stock and it

makes the whole thing a bit more stable on uneven surfaces etc and

its
wide enough (approx 1m IIRC) to put on top of a couple of saw horses

for
short/medium length stock.

On day I might get around to adding some sort of exstendible support

/
stop mechanism...

HTH,

Alex.

Ahh, clever. I changed the H to # above for anyone else. So if your mdf
table has blocks underneath the saw base, so that the turntable rests
on the blocks rather than on its own plastic feet, there would be no
flexing at all. I might try that.... then again I need 100 round tuits
already!

Is anyone selling tuits? I want to place a bulk order.

NT