Mark D. Zacharias

I would like to try a new relay driver transistor, but I can only
find it at Pioneer parts. It's only a @1.22, but they want almost $6
for S&H.

That is crazy. Anyway...

According to the Schematic, it contains two bias resistors.

I know I could check the transistor with my meter but that doesn't
help in the circuit (breakdown under load).
Plus I have the funcky bias resistors inside the transistor.

Do you know of a way to do a quick test on this without having a
replacement transistor?

Do know of a cross for this transistor: KRC101M ? A suitable cross
would be great.

It would seem Pioneer is as bad as Sony (or worse) at using hard to
find parts.

Here's the datasheet:
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...C/KRC101M.html

Thanks
Jimmy

Well, the thing to do is measure the voltages. It either works or it
doesn't. Digital transistors are easy. Normally the emitter side is at
ground. If there's 5 volts or whatever to the base, the collector should go
low. If it doesn't, the transistor is bad. Probably best to suck it up and
order the Pioneer part. By the time you source a replacement, you've already
burned up that 6.00 and more.

Mark Z.