jbclem wrote:
I have a Ryobi belt sander that uses a Bando S4.5M drive belt (with

cogs on the inside).
The web sites I've checked are selling this belt for $15 to $20.

This is a small belt
about 4 1/2 inches long. These prices seem to be way on the high

side, I know that much
larger automotive fan belts wholesale for $1-3.00. I'd like to find

somewhere to
purchase this belt, or a generic version, for a price that reflects

its real value.
Anyone know about this?

John

You might try your yellow pages for a bearing distributor in your area.
They normally carry drive components such as toothed belts.

Or search McMaster-Carr at www.mcmaster.com

They may be cheaper, but not likely by much.

Good luck,

Tim