mac davis

On Wed, 4 May 2005 17:04:17 -0700, neill wrote:

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:37:16 -0700, Bill Rubenstein wrote
(in message ):

George wrote:
snip...
Not really. The depth is limited to the wedge. On sapwood, or
waterlogged,
or even green, you can run some water-thin CA into the edges of the recess
to help in case of a catch - which, as you learn to peel, will become a
thing of the past.
snip...

I remember seeing no less a turner than Richard Raffin who was here for
a one day seminar. He did a little warm-up in preparation for the day
and got a NASTY catch almost right out of the box.

I think that they don't go away, they just keep getting farther and
farther apart g.

Bill

Raffan does that on purpose. it helps the newbies relate. its all theatrics.

right... sort of a "I meant to do that".. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing