George

"neill" wrote in message

You went back and read the thread?

Hope so.

I chose to interpret your "challenge" based on the substance it

contained,
not the spirit in which it was presented, because this is about

woodturning,
not about people, and your pictures substantiated something I have said

for
years here - you don't need to bully the wood to hold it for turning.
Don't even, in my opinion, have to bully it to remove wood while it's
turning. Some of the assembled think that's dogma, not just a way to

save
the turner and turning from beating each other up.

not me George. dont misdirect what ive said. sharing your techniques is

not
dogma. i never said that. its when you come off like your way is the only
way, the only correct way, the only true way, and everyone who does any
different is wrong. thats dogma. when you suggest that i shouldnt even be
talking about jaw sizes thats dogma.

my mind is not closed. i agree with you on a lot of your technique stuff.

know the value of learning to make a nice peel cut - but the peel cut is

only
one of the cuts in my bag of tricks. when im roughing out a large bowl

there
is no way every single cut is gonna be a gentle peeling cut. that would

take
all day. sometimes i like taking big hogging cuts. i LIKE it. im enjoying

it.
im having fun. i like to push my limits on how much wood i can remove in

one
pass and letting the shavings fly! is that wrong? when i get close to the
final shape thats when its time to pull out the finesse cuts. then the

game
changes to "how clean a surface can i leave?"

I should not be writing this, because you have obviously not read the
messages to this point as written, but through some sort of personal filter
that fails to connect accusations, challenges and ad hominems to the persons
who have written them and the order of who was pontificating and who
replying.

So, as before, I will continue to consider this place to be about turning,
not people. Where there are things which pertain to all places and people,
I will continue to make them as simple declarations of fact - third person.
Those things I do, favor, or want will continue in first person singular so
as to be properly identified to those who understand the difference by
grammar.