Clamdigger

Dave Hinz wrote:

.......I've seen chainsaw mills used, and I'd tend to agree. Maybe for
the challenge, but not as a routine. Too much kerf loss if nothing
else.

I always see this mentioned in regard to chainsaw mills, "too much kerf
loss" and I guess compared to a band saw mill, it does chew out a wider
cut, but have you ever seen one of those old Bell-Saw circular saw rigs?
The kerf on those runs as bad if not worse than a chainsaw mill! If it
gets the job done and you are not paying for the trees, a chain saw mill
is the cheapest solution. If you are talking about production work,
then even the lower end bandsaw mills could be called "too much work"