Eric R Snow

On 4 May 2005 18:44:20 -0700, "monkers" wrote:

Thanks guys, Im gonna try a counterweight like suggested. I planned on
putting a "stop" on it for safety. I will tack weld a rod and use some
barbells to figure out how much weight is needed. Thanks again

Experiment with leverage a bit before you weld anything to the door.
Maybe clamping a bar to the door would work for testing. As the door
lifts it may get lighter. Enoug so that it slams open. You want to be
sure that it doesn't slam open or closed. If it does someone will for
sure be hurt by it.
Cheers,
Eric