larry

After spending an hour cleaning up the wax mess and ring, I opted for
the new "extended" plastic horn and O rings.

A water tight fit at the base of the wc and a water tight fit INTO the
4" waste line. It allows some mis-alignment, and will tolerate a waste
line that in time "drops" below the floor line.

The only problem I had was that the bottom O ring will roll off and fall
in the waste line when you remove the horn. (If you know this, it's
easy to pull the horn up from the bottom with your hand, catching the O
ring) But I was playing with the assembly just to see how everything
fit and if it could be removed. All the pieces "roll" together and
compress as it is installed.

Been in place for a year, and no dampness. Beat the badly leaking wax
ring I replaced.

-larry / dallas

Ben wrote:

Again, if anyone has installed experience with the waxless seals I, and
possibly others, would like to hear the pros and cons.

Thanks again,

Ben