carl mciver

Default Removing bead inside square tubing

Cutting some 2 1/2" square tubing into 4 inch pieces today and I found
that the weld bead inside the tubing prevents it from being a slip fit over
the two inch tubing. My pieces are only four inches long so access isn't
really an issue. Does anyone have ideas better than a die grinder for
taking this bead off?
Can I "lay it down" with a torch? Would that take it down enough? I
forgot the inside dimension of the tubing, so the bead will obviously make
up the difference in the clearance, which is fine with me.