Old Nick

On 3 May 2005 20:17:06 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

If you have a look at the plans for these things, a 14" delta would
simply not cut it. It's way out of the ballpark. The mills are
designed to tear through large quantities of wood, mlaybe up to 12" or
more, at high speed.

The Delta simply could not take the tensionming of the 1.25" band

Same here. But - what about this...why? Could you start with, say,
a 14" Delta, add a riser block to get the opening you want, and add rails
to that? While DIY is a wonderful thing, all the fiddly bits are in
getting the wheels & band & bearings all tweaked just right. Why not
start with a saw that has done all that already?

I've got the Delta (well, Rockwell) 14" saw, and I can't see a compelling
reason not to try rail-mounting it for sawmill use. What am I not
thinking of?