Default Electric Motor query - 3 phase /single phase

I'm thinking about getting a planer/thickenesser and paid a visit to a
local tool merchant who also deals in second hand equipment. He has a
machine that is the right size but has a 3 phase motor of 1.5kW. Now
it just happens that I've been given in the last couple of weeks a
fairly up-to-date 2kW single phase motor.

Forgetting about the possible mechanical problems of changing the
motors over, are there any other characteristics that are likely to
cause bother - I haven't looked at motor speeds yet but that is just
changing the pulley size. Will I have problems for instance at start
up as the planer will have a fair amount of inertia ?

Any comments gratefully received.

Rob