Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Fray Bentos" writes:
thankyou for the attention. I have removed both brushes, both looked
charred, so I'm off to town
tomorrow for a new set. I'll get the plastic holders too.
I have a problem though.
The brushes have a tab. The tab connects to the wire. The end of the wire is
terminated to a spade connector
in a plastic type cover.
The plastic cover is charred away. the spade connector is gunked up with
black melted plastic. I really need to replace the wire.
I see the motor has a connector block which connects to the various parts of
the motor. Can these block/ wire harnesses be bought?

or is it new motor time?

Genuine Hotpoint brushes are under a fiver IIRC from CPC.
Generally the only other separate part available for motors
(some only) is the armature, but if you give CPC a call,
they have all the exploded parts diagrams and can tell you
which parts are separately available.

--
Andrew Gabriel