Matt

Yeah, we had those on the aircraft carrier I was on. Huge washing
machine size hard drives, with the removable packs. There were about 6
of them installed, as I recall.

One problem: Air ops was not required to tell anyone before beginning
operations, and the occasional pilot doing a fly-by was not required to
call us before performing said procedure.

Every month, at least one pilot would do a fly-by.

BOOOM

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash

You could hear the heads getting shredded on the drives. I always
thought it was funny, but I wasn't the one that had to fix them or do
the restore.