WD

I've got a Shepherd smoother and am having a heck of a time getting
acceptable performance out of it. I have been using a Stanley #4 and even a
#6 to far better effect on my current project.

My first mistake when I first got it was to try a 25 degree bevel. No good -
back to 30 degrees with a couple of micro bevels. Not great. I just read a
review of the LV4.5 (also with an A2 blade) where the reviewer recommends a
30degree primary and a 35degree secondary.

Can anyone offer me any tips specific to make the Shepard work? BTW: I have
been using a "scary sharp" type method with regular wet or dry sand paper on
glass for final sharpening.

Mike