mac davis

On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:56:51 -0500, Philip Hallstrom

On 2005-05-03, mac davis wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:52:42 -0500, Philip Hallstrom

On 2005-05-02, wrote:
Since you have a lathe, you already have a disc sander. Dedicate a
faceplate (or make one with a block of wood, side grain, drilled and

[snip]

-philip

the problem as I see it is that you begin to turn your lathe into a "shopsmith"
like machine... way too many changes to go from say, turning a bowl to sanding a
flat piece of wood, to sanding contours..
I have a Shopsmith, and over the years have added a lathe, belt/disk sander,
grinder/buffer, etc.. t avoid all those setup changes..

That's true, but honestly I haven't used my lathe in almost a year...
hmm... that's about how old my son is so I have a feeling 99% of the
time it would be set up as a sander...

still, that's a good point and one of the things I found over and over
when reading about belt/disc combos was how many people hated having to
move the table from one to the other and back again...

-philip

I never move the table on mine.. hmm...
I have this one:

or, if that's too long, http://tinyurl.com/brwph

It goes on "sale" a few times a year for about $160... I use the hell out of it
and it's taken it well..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing