Luke

On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:49:50 -0400, Mark wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:10:38 -0600, Luke wrote:

On Wed, 4 May 2005 06:37:48 -0400, Seth Goodman
wrote:

In article S2Yde.11937$yd1.2277@trndny01, on Wed, 04 May 2005 04:18:58
GMT, jay wrote:

So far, I've found a total of 3 big black ants in the house this spring.
These look like carpenter ants.

Read:

http://www.unexco.com/carpants.html

Very good info. The entire site is good.

Interesting, but still very biased. One quote that caught me was:

"Carpenter ants do not damage a structure such as a termite colony, and
houses are not destroyed such as you might see on a Saturday morning TV
show your kids watch."

Tell that to the 30' Maple in my back yard that dropped almost 2 weeks ago.
About 2' up from the base was destroyed due to carpenter ants. They ate
the entire center of the base out of that tree. When I went out to look, I
never saw so many ants. There were so many, you could hear a sound like
crumpling paper. It was the ants crawling away over the leaves....

Interesting story. But a "maple" is not a "structure" nor is it
"houses." Carpenter ants do not "eat" wood. Likely what destroyed your
tree was not carpenter ants. Call a pro. Note that the rest of the
paragraph you quote is: "Long before that happened, you would have to
have discovered a very bad moisture problem." *I* did not write what
you quote above. If you have an issue with it, contact the author:
http://www.unexco.com/msgboard/msgboard.mv, or: .

Cheers!

--
Luke
"The culture of recovery is insidious: now the moral measure of a