The Natural Philosopher

Huge wrote:

"andrewpreece" writes:

"Jeff" wrote in message

"mark b" wrote in message

[14 lines snipped]

I tend to grout with my finger, pushing it into the gap, takes ages, is
cleaner, you know the grout has 'gone in' rather than just sat on the
surface, and effectively removes your fingerprint and makes said finger

sore

as .....

Regards Jeff

Ditto what Jeff says, use a finger but for heaven's sake use a glove
otherwise
you will have bleeding fingertips eventually.

I used to do this until I bought a "squidgy" grouting float (from
Screwfix). They're brilliant... Forces the grout into the gaps really
well, and if you dip it in water, cleans the excess off the surface
well, too. All that for £4.95, too.

Think that's roughly what I used as well.

When decorating in any guise, there is no subsitute for patience and
attention to detail though.

A *perfect* finish takes *infinite* time and patience. Whatever tools
you use.

It's up to the individual what level of imperfection they are content with.