Ignorant genius

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , Dan

wrote:
I just had to post this.

The last time I replaced a disk drive, I couldn't find a means of

opening
it to grab the magnets. It wasn't Torx, security Torx, allen, or

anything
else I had in my reasonably well-equipped set of wrenches. Finally

conceded
defeat and discarded it.

Did I have an oddball (don't remember the brand) or was it simply a

matter of
me being an idiot and not having a common tool?

Art

I had the same problem. Just use some wire cutters to get the screws
broken loose then they can be removed easily with some strategically
placed explosives. The magnets are great for finding tiny springs in
the carpet. Did you know that a magnet stops working when it's heated?
You can stick one to the burner grate and turn on the flame and it will
fall off. (and never really recovers either) Cheers
Davy