Bill Grumbine

"mac davis" wrote in message
we're about to head for the nearby forest and hunt turning and
firewood.. mostly pine and fir, with some redwood and sequoia..
The price is right, though... the permit was $60 and good for 10 cords..
lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Boy, would I love to get a permit like that here! There are some state game
lands just about five miles from my parent's home, where I grew up. In
fact, I used to spend lots of time back there swimming at a great swimming
hole when I was a kid. But they are fairly stuffed with wild cherry trees,
and virtually every tree is covered with burls, some huge - like they would
take two men and a boy to carry off. Lots of these trees fall every year,
but touching the wood is verboten. Every time I drive by I think of the
operational difficulties of obtaining some of this wood. I would need black
ninja pajamas, night vision goggles, spotters with radios located several
hundred yards away in each direction of the road (so I could turn the saw
off if a car came along), and a place to park the truck out of sight. Maybe
we should organize something from our club! Of course with my luck, some
bureaucrat from the state is going to read this and think I am serious. The
next DVD will be filmed on how to make license plates on the lathe!

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com