Phil Munro

Harry Everhart wrote:

I run into this all the time with our stripping of wood work for
staining. I use Zar wood patch, which is ok for staining, and then
sand, stain, and finish with polyurethane. It provides some character
to the wood surface, but the patch does take the stain. And character
is what you get with wood grain anyway, so if the surface is smooth,
it ends up looking real good. --Phil

Thanks Phil -
This is what I want to hear.
Zar Wood Patch.
I will get some today. Where? Lowes? Walmart? Ace?
That is all I want to do - make a smooth table top - stain it - clear
finish it.
Harry

We get our Zar products at a particular (paint products) store here
in Youngstown. Also, you should read wood patch cans carefully to find
some patch which says it will take stain. Then, of course, you could
experiment on a scrap of wood to see how well it works. --Phil
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555