George

wrote in message
oups.com...
My kitchen and dining rooom have 3" oak hardwood floors. I want to
replace the carpet in two adjoining rooms. However, I want to use
hickory with a lot of character. I'll probably demarc the rooms with
boundary of really dark wood or maybe not -- just ttransition abruptly
from oak to hickory.

The question to the gruop is: is this tasteful? I've heard that having
one floor type makes the rooms look bigger but right now they are
carpet and wood so the "feel" shouldn't change....

Opinions?

I like mixed woods but like any other combination of color/texture etc you
can get a really fabulous result or a totally hideous result. If you are
like me and don't have an "eye" for the end result it would pay to get
someone who does.