PaPaPeng

On Wed, 04 May 2005 03:28:28 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

Did I have an oddball (don't remember the brand) or was it simply a matter

of me being an idiot and not having a common tool?

A lot of them are metric torx.

Is there such a thing as a SAE vs metric torx? I see only a tool ID
number but no dimensions specified.

One item one should check though is if there is a centre pin in the
screw fastener's recess. If so it will require a driver tool bit with
a hole in the center to accept this pin. I think the tools are
described as security bit sets. When these security fasteners first
came out there were no tools available but I was able to get around it
by drilling the hole with a dental burr (drill bit) in the torx
driver.