Leonard Caillouet

Get the part numbers off of the major boards and check with PTS. They often
buy boards to rebuild. They change the ones that they are buying several
times a years and pay anywhere from $10 to $40 each for the ones that they
do buy. You could buy few art supplies if you get lucky. Also, post the
green and blue tubes for sale here and on some of the other repair forums
and you might get lucky and find someone who needs one.

Leonard

"dfluitt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Rick,
Someone just offered to give me a SONY KPR-53EX20 with a bad red tube.
I was looking for parts for it when I cam across your post. I was just
going to take it apart and use the lenses and such as "art supplies."
Let me know if you are interested in the lenticular screen from it.
Please email me diectly about this.
Talk to you later.
Don

We have a KPR-53EX20 that needs a new lenticular screen.
According to Sony it's no longer made. Our local repair shops
say they are still made, but they all want $500-$600 for one.
We've replaced the screen ourselves a few years back and
paid ~$300.

If anyone knows of a direct source for these screens, please
respond.

Thanks.