mac davis

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:13:05 GMT, "Bill Grumbine"
wrote:

Mac, nothing around here keeps its leaves all year round except conifers,
andI don't turn that stuff. ;-) Of course, there is tulip magnolia,
comonly called poplar, and I turn a lot of that. If people don't mind what
they get and are on a tight budget, I suggest poplar. If they are on a
budget and picky, then I suggest tulip magnolia.

The varieties of magnolia remind me of trying to find out what kind of ash I
got a while back. I did not get to see any leaves, and I am not sure it
would have helped. I narrowed it down to - get this - black ash, white ash,
BLUE ash, green ash, and of all things Oregon ash, all common in PA
according to the book I had!

yep.. sort of like defining the species of oak or pine...
or fur?? we're about to head for the nearby forest and hunt turning and
firewood.. mostly pine and fir, with some redwood and sequoia..
The price is right, though... the permit was $60 and good for 10 cords.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing