jackK

stag wrote:
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for putting a variable speed
motor controller on my little 110V mill/drill. The belts are a *******
to adjust for different speeds... it would sure be nice to just turn a
dial and still get reasonably good torque w/ a reasonable amount of
speed variablility. And, I'm doing a CNC conversion soon, so this would
really be a + (especially if it has an an analog input for adjusting
speed).

I've seen a lot of Variable Frequency Drivess on ebay for 3ph stuff...
wish I had a big mill with that kind of motor... but my mill/drill will
have to do for now.

What about 110V 1ph? What kind of motor controller and who are good
sources? Is this even a good idea?

I been researching the same thing for a benchtop lathe and have found a
few googling and a few in the yahoo groups for the 9x20 lathe group and
some in the lathemaster group.

They use lesson treadmill dc motor (2 hp inverter type) with a Hatachi
vfd type controler. I don't have the links handy, sorry

Jack