Jim Stewart

Peter Wiley wrote:
Do it now and remove a big source of ignorance from posting on the net,
OK?

OBTW, why hasn't the world ended yet, given the number of nuclear
weapons that have been exploded above ground since 1945? Why didn't the
world end when Chernobyl did a melt-down?

People like you are part of the problem.

What was it we used to say? "More people have died
in Ted Kennedy's car than in nuclear power plant
accidents"?

I guess we have to change it to US nuclear power
plant accidents.

PDW
In article , Chuck Sherwood
wrote:

I suggest you read about three-mile island and Chernobl.
I wound rather rather more to a farm and cut my own wood for heat
than build a potentail time bomb that could kill the entire world
with one accident.

The problem is with the Rock generation that's bringing us closer to the
stone age and is so adamantly scared of nuclear power, that they will resist
building power plants until they are all replaced by the next generation.
The job would be to start educating our grandchildren and removing the scary
nuke fantasy from their brains now.

cheerst
T.Alan

"Todd Rich" wrote in message

What we need is about another 200 nuclear power plants built with new
modern intrinsically safe designs. Which will let us stop burning so much
coal that is currently putting 2000 tons of uranium and thorium in the
air. Then we can use the excess power generation to crack water to
produce hydrogen to fuel cars and other vehicles.

Net results: Pollution dramatically down, reliance of foregin oil almost
gone.

Could probably be done in 10 years or less and save the country billions
of dollars.