Chuck Sherwood wrote:

"I suggest you read about three-mile island and Chernobl.
I wound rather rather more to a farm and cut my own wood for heat
than build a potentail time bomb that could kill the entire world
with one accident."

Wow, how paranoid can you get? Here's a link to what actually happened
and was the result of the TMI event:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-co...mile-isle.html

Note that not one single person was either killed or injured as a
result, except for the financial injury on the owners of the plant.

Chernobl was quite a different situation, but a rather moot example
since the US does not use graphite pile reactors (which can catch fire
as Chernobl did) for power production.

"Kill the entire world" -- Get serious! Read some books on the
subject. Become educated.

Realize that you're now receiving more ionizing radiation from your
local fossil fuel power plant than from all the nuclear power reactors
in the world combined. I'm not sure that I should mention the
radioactive radon gas you'll be exposing yourself too if you decide to
build or farm in any rural area of the US having granite based ledge
under your property, because you seem already on the verge of panic!
:-)

Harry C.