Charles Spitzer

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...
I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured
before applying. How long does that normally take?

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

You mean the one the builder of the house threw away before I moved in? I
know that paint has a drying time and also a curing time. I thought it
might be similar for grout, with a curing time being something like 3
weeks. But I guess not.....

they have bags at home dept. for that matter, they have the instructions
online

http://www.google.com/search?q=curin...en-US:official

the first link is
http://www.thetiledoctor.com/install...t_grouting.cfm

which contains the quote " The commonly recommended curing time for Portland
cement grouts is 72 hours. "

google is your friend