Jon Mason

On 2 May 2005 13:41:17 -0700, "d."
wrote:

I would strongly advise you get a Corgi engineer to carry out this
work.

YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO READ VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS, EVEN WITH IDIOT
PICTURES, SO HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO CARRY OUT A JOB WHICH ONLY INVOLVES
UNDOING A TOTAL OF 5 TORX SCREWS. TWO OF WHICH HOLD THE WHITE CASE ON.

If you take off this "other" panel how will you reseal it?

For the sake of your boiler and house get a corgi engineer in now.

david.

David,
Thank you for your wise counsel.

As it happens, I have already had a Corgi-registered engineer to look
at it. His response was "Sorry mate. Don't normally to Baxi's. Have
you got a manual for it?" Then he went through the flowchart to
diagnose the fault that I had already diagnosed. And then he struggled
for a while to figure out how to remove the fan cowling. "Have to
check this one", he said.

I figure if he can do it with no knowledge of this boiler, then so can
I.

Oh, and I have the re-sealing stuff, direct from Baxi.

So set your mind at rest, and go and figure out how to type without
the caps lock on.

Thanks to those who made helpful suggestions.

Jon.