Winfield Hill

John Fields wrote...

Not at all, I've just decided to take issue with a few of the
statements you've made, not the least of which was the cop-like:
"Move along, nothing to see."

Actually, I was thinking of Obi-Wan's line in Star Wars.

---
To which which I choose to respond with: "It doesn't make any
difference what the _advisability_ may seem to be, it's entirely
within the purview of the instrument company to decide for themselves
if and how their old instrument manuals should be propagated."

See, that's a different issue, with which I have to agree.

And what do you mean by "unduly restricting"?

By that I refer to companies that choose to make restrictions
so tight that the owners of their instruments who are without
manuals are screwed. Not Agilent, we see now, but a few
others. While they may have the legal right, it's unduly
restricting to those who now own their old instruments,
bought fair and square.

--
Thanks,
- Win