Ed Huntress

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:NMLde.1289$sy6.1079@lakeread04...

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I don't follow Gunner's links, but the fact is that the Cato Institute

is
hotbed of *libertarian* weenies.

They're not particularly good on research or writing, either. They write
papers in a publish-or-perish environment, in which they have to say
*something* to keep their incomes flowing.

Heritage Foundation is a lot better, in terms of the quality of thought
behind their writings.

Well, I think Gunner claims to be a Libertarian and for sure his research,
while prolific, is not particularly good, he should fit right in.

Cato is political and economic theory for the simple-minded. If you hear
someone say, about some aspect of economics or society, politics
international or domestic, "it's all very simple...what part of it don't you
get?," they're a natural for Cato Institute white papers.

In my job now I often have to dumb-down consumer medical information to the
level of 6th-grade readers (not for physicians, so far -- thank God g),
using the FRY readability scale. When I read a Cato paper, it looks to me
like the editor has FRY'd it. It's dumbed-down politics, sociology, and
economics.

--
Ed Huntress