Dave Plowman

Default Joining the 21st century...

In article ,
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
After a couple of vast phone bills I'm going broadband. I'm having
problems getting it set up due to my Acorn browser not talking
properly to the router,

I have had the same interesting situation, solved nicely with the help
of the Vispa support team and me finally seeing the wood rather than the
trees! Something that was a major pain was the router default address
in the 10 range. My network is all in 192, so that was fun.

Mine is in the 10 range too, but that's not the problem - a ping test
works fine. It's the Javascript implementation of the router that's
causing me grief - I can't reliably log in to it and set it up.
I have IE 5.5 on my PC card which would be alright, but my PC interface
software doesn't include networking - I've sent off for the upgrade. But
I'm off into 'work' in a few minutes to set up the router on a PC, so I'll
hopefully be in business as a test later today.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done.*

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn