Palindr˜»me

Lars wrote:

My experience is the same as yours in that I have many 2-core only
appliances with metal bodies which seem designed specifically to be
2-core. Often their label refers to "double insulated" - whatever
that may be.

In double insulated equipment the basic protection is
afforded by the first layer of insulation. If the basic
protection fails then supplementary protection is provided
by a second layer of insulation preventing contact with live
parts.

You *know* it makes sense to get all portable electrical
equipment tested regularly and properly using a
purpose-designed Portable Appliance Tester.
--

Sue