Mark Walters

Default Electrical trunking query

I'm about to decorate our dining room, the final step of which will be to
lay some new wooden flooring in the room and hall. Before this is done I
would like to run some trunking from the cupboard under the stairs, where
the CU is, to the back wall of the house so that I can run power to the
garden at some point in the future. It's a straight run from the cupboard
to the outside wall - just over 4 metres. I was planning to fix some
trunking under the floorboards (joists run in the right direction) and drill
a hole through the wall (house c1905, no cavity), covered with a suitable
wallbox, until such a time as I get around to needing to draw cable and get
things wired up. No intention of doing any electrical work at this time.

Are there any special requirements I need to be aware of and what sort of
trunking should I be using?

Thanks in advance.

Mark