Hi, I have an Aiwa handheld cassette player that I would like to have
repaired. Aiwa won't repair it (too old), and I can't find a place

that
will do it. It was purchased in 1988, and I really like it because of
the equalizer feature and the all-metal compact design.

It emits a shrill noise when I try and play a tape, that's all I know
about the problem. If you can recommend a repair person or place, I
would really appreciate it.

is this noise from the speaker or the mech? does the unit have
recording capability?

given the age of the unit, you'll almost certainly need to change all
the rubber parts, which may not be available.
Ben