Stephen M

Obviously, L-N is exerting more control on the pricing of their products
than LV/Veritas. And while I won't argue about whether LV is charging
retail prices, if they are, it seems that what they consider to be a
standard retail markup is very different from what most American
retailers consider a standard markup. If they are just profiteering,
then shame on them. But in any case, I won't be buying much Veritas
from anywhere but LV from now on.

I kind if hate to go there, but an explanation may be currency changes. Rob
has gone on record as saying that LV sets US prices annually and takes it
lumps (or spoils) accordingly over the course of the year as currency
exchange rates fluctuate. The Canadian $ (a.k.a. loonie) has consistently
gained over the past 2 years or so. As LV pricing is held for a year this
causes US pricing to be appear artificially low.

This has ****ed off a few Canadians, but that is a dead horse which has
already been flogged beyond recognition.

-Steve