USENET READER

Tina wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

Bite me loser asshole - do you have any idea how many times I have
posted questions and the only responses I get are stupid off-topic
comments that have nothing to do with the original question - like your
posting today?

Perfect example of someone that needs there Paxil medication changed...up
the dosage

Plonk

Tina

Perfect example of omeone in great need of a good "rogering", so she
won't respond with another off-topic comment.

How do you know so much about Paxil meds - they interfere with your
ability to get a good "rogering"?

Jonah wrote:

You should get glass windows (the more panes the better), with either
aluminum, vinyl or other plastic coverings over wood. The aluminum is
better than the vinyl, or the other way around (I can't remember). Go
with either white or off-white, with internal shades and screens if you
want them. If you don't want shades and screens, get the windows that
don't have them. I'd look for something that needs minimal
maintenance. Your best bet would be to talk to an architect, building
contractor, etc. I'd also suggest you don't use that same
condescending, arrogant, demanding tone that you used here.
Hope this helps.

USENET READER wrote:

Greetings - I am looking specifically for recommendations on some new
windows for my home.

It's a 35 YO split level in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. We
do get cold weather but mostly hot weather, direct sun on the windows
on three sides of the house.

The house is going to be remodeled from the roof down - new shingles,
fascia and soffits, as well as siding. Gonna be putting up Hardiplank
siding, and AZEK trim boards and possibly brick mold around the

windows.

I went to a home show a few weeks ago, and heard some wild and
contradictory claims from window company reps who said that their
window technology was better than the other guys.

Basially I have old single-pane wooden windows on the house now. I
want to replace them with more maintenence-free and energy efficient
windows - wooden on the inside, and they can be whatever works on the
outside.

The current technology seems to be either aluminum, vinyl or other
molded plastic coverings over a wooden window. The aluminum cladding
is either extruded or pressed and joined over the wood. One aluminum
guy says that the extruded aluminum is superior to the pressed and
joined aluminum covering and that aluminum is better than vinyl
because it doesn't expand and contract as much as vinyl The Vinyl
guys say that the coloring on the exteriors won't wear out like the
paint on the aluminum.

We simply want white or off-white windows for the house that need a
minimum of maintenence given the weather conditions down here in NC.
So we are looking for someone - a building contractor, an architect,
etc - with some real experience with more than one type of window who
can tell me the real life pros and cons of the different types of
windows for sale in the RTP NC area and make some recommendations.

Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the
question. Please respond through the group. Thanks!