USENET READER

I wanted to only see responses that were on topic - I included the
qualifier that I didn't want to read the off-topic crap that didn't
address the quesions.

Notice that I was asking which windows are the most durable and
maintenence-free, and someone came back and asked me whether or not I
want screens included. You would think that would be a good question,
but every single window manufcturer makes screens for their windows, so
how would screens factor into the maintenence issues? Therefore, that
is an example of the type of stupid, off-topic post that I sought to
avoid.

Lee Michaels wrote:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 18:52:57 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

.

Looking for recommendations/actual experiences with new windows

I guess I qualify -- I'm a renovations contractor.

- please no stupid questions!
Please - no BS comments from people who really can't answer the question.
Please respond through the group. Thanks!

Oops. Guess you don't qualify.

Ken

You do qualify as a shut-in who has no valuable comments to make, just BS
to post.

I do not want to get involved in any kind of flamewar.

But if you want sincere answers, you will do a lot better than to offend
other people. I have to deal with people all the time who are rude to me
because they are "being careful". Which is retarded. How does ****ing
people off help you with your personal safety?

Why should I worry about offending people who have nothing of value to
offer me?

It is like the new mother who drives everywhere at half the speed that
everybody else drives. Supposedly because she is "being careful" And
exposing her newborn to much more danger than if she just drove normally.

The type of question that you asked does get discussed here from time to
time. Many people are happy to respond to such practical and reasonable
questions. And generally folks don't get riled up. Unless you accuse us of
being assholes. Which riles up folks big time. Every time. Without fail.

NO - the only people who should get riled up by my comments about not
wanting any stupid repsonses are the people who only make stupid
resonses in the first place. People who can't stay on topic, people who
like to weigh in on a subject they have no real information about, they
just like to hear themselves talk or like to see their posts on line.

Congratulations. You not only ****ed a lot of folks off, but many who have
something to contribute are staying away. They don't need the aggravation.

I doubt that - when I put up a posting asking a real question without
the dingleberry disqualifier, I don't get any more real answers to my
question - I just get fewer assholes who post off-topic comments.

Which sort of proved my point - and gave me a new source of e-mail addys
to add to my kill file - entitled "useless usenet assholes who have
nothing of substance to contribute"