Mark D. Zacharias

This unit will not power on.

The 5v standby voltage is there. The power button has no effect.

5 volts is on one side of the power button. That seems ok.

It would seem that System control is not turning on the relay for the
main transformer.

There is about 18v on the relay, but of course the Digital
Transistor(relay switch) is not being turned on to activate the relay.

I did notice when I pressed the power button the 18v on the relay
went to about 15v and then after couple seconds back 18v.

I am using the SM for the VSX-D511, but the VSX-D514 SM would be good
to have. Any suggestions besides Pioneer Parts?

Any info/direction on this unit would be great!

Thanks
Jimmy

Find the transistor which drives the relay, and see if it's base is being
driven. Sounds like it may be bad. This might explain why the voltage to the
coil drops a bit when it should power-on.

Mark Z.