Todd Rich

In rec.crafts.metalworking North wrote:
(snip)
They (the car makers and Gov) need to make more diesel powered
vehicals avalible in the U.S., but big oil and the EPA won't let them
and it's ****ed up.

n.

What we need is about another 200 nuclear power plants built with new
modern intrinsically safe designs. Which will let us stop burning so much
coal that is currently putting 2000 tons of uranium and thorium in the
air. Then we can use the excess power generation to crack water to
produce hydrogen to fuel cars and other vehicles.

Net results: Pollution dramatically down, reliance of foregin oil almost
gone.

Could probably be done in 10 years or less and save the country billions
of dollars.