Nick Hull

In article ,
John Chase wrote:

North wrote:

[ snip ]

They (the car makers and Gov) need to make more diesel powered
vehicals avalible in the U.S., but big oil and the EPA won't let them
and it's ****ed up.

I've been driving a diesel-powered vehicle for 10 years now, and have seen
the
price of Diesel fuel rise from about 20% less than the cheapest regular
gasoline
to about 10% more than the mose expensive premium gasoline. Care to try to
explain that?

-jc-

The explanation is simple: TAXES. I bought a Diesel Rabbit in 81 to use
more efficient cheaper fuel, and within 90 days the feds jacked up the
taxes so much it killed any savings I had hoped for. They even gave me
a tax deduction to defray part of the tax increase, but it convinced me
to never buy diesel again. I will stick to gas or whatever the majority
of the voters use, there is safety in numbers.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/